Here you can find the list of seven interesting facts about Rara Lake. Do you know where Rara lake is located?
- Rara Lake is the largest and deepest freshwater lake in Nepal, covering an area of approximately 10.8 square kilometers and reaching a depth of 167 meters.
- The lake is located in the Rara National Park, which is a protected area in the northwest region of Nepal. The park covers an area of 106 square kilometers and is home to a variety of plant and animal species, including many that are found only in this region.
- Rara Lake has known for its crystal-clear waters and stunning natural beauty. The lake is surrounded by forests and mountains and is a popular destination for hikers and nature enthusiasts.
- The lake is home to a number of fish species, including the Himalayan Golden Mahseer, which is a species of trout that is found only in this region.
- Rara Lake is located at an altitude of 2,990 meters above sea level, making it one of the highest-altitude lakes in Nepal. The area is known for its cool, temperate climate, with average temperatures ranging from 10-20 degrees Celsius (50-68 degrees Fahrenheit) throughout the year.
- Rara Lake is an important cultural and religious site for the people of Nepal. It is believed to be a sacred place, and many local festivals and rituals are held there.
- Rara Lake is a popular tourist destination in Nepal, with many visitors coming to enjoy the lake’s natural beauty and peaceful setting. The lake is only accessible by foot or by jeep, which adds to its appeal for people who want to escape the hustle and bustle of city life.
Are you planning to go to Rara Lake? Know the Budget for Rara Lake Trip