Sustainable development is a development that meets the needs of the present without compromising the ability of future generations to meet their own needs. It believes that we should not overuse our resources extensively but also save them for our younger generations to take benefit from it. Sustainable development is reliant on itself. It must be sent with resources and carefully planned to deliver immediate and long from benefits for people, the planet, and prosperity. Securing economic development, social equity, and Justice, and environmental protection is the goal of sustainable development. The concept of Sustainable Development came into existence in the 1980’s period.
According to the world conservation strategy, sustainable development is a path for human progress that has the capacity to continue in the long term. In 1983 AD, to suggest the world on environment and development, the general assembly of UN formed of world Commission on environment and development under the chairmanship of Norwegian Prime Minister Gro Harlem Brundtland. It is called Brundtland Commission. This Commission has to define sustainable development as, ” Sustainable development is a process in which explosion of resources, the direction of investment and the orientation of the technological development and institutional change to meet the needs of the present invention without compromising the ability of future generations to meet their needs”.
Sustainable development can be explained in the following way
The objective of sustainable development
- To increase the People’s participation,
- To conserve the environment,
- To use natural resources with care and awareness,
- To get economic growth and social progress
- To make the human development process favorable by increasing social harmony.
Measures for sustainable development
- We should plant trees, conserve the forest and environment.
- We should encourage small and local technological development programs.
- We should concentrate on utilizing alternative and renewed sources of energy.
- We should concentrate on effective waste management.
- We should stop people from taking out stones, pebbles, sand from the rivers.
- We should control the population growth.
- We should encourage organic farming.