Human beings are rational banks and are different from other species. Society and the country should so humane and ideal behavior toward the citizens. Should be based on place, freedom, and Justice. As human beings, we should get certain rights which are known as human rights. In other words, human rights are the rights inherent to all human beings. We have the power to think, create and have the ability to solve problems. This is the reason why we are expected to behave rationally, respecting human values and principles.
According to the human rights act 2053 BS, ” human rights are those rights given in the constitution and other laws prevail in our country and international conversations, protocols, and treaties signed by Nepal which are related to Liberty equality and dignity of human life”. Eleanor Roosevelt was the first person to introduce the concept of Human Rights internationally. In her initiation, the United Nations is to the Universal Declaration of Human Rights on the tenth of December 1948 AD. It has been helping to ensure you’re and promote Human Rights worldwide. Every year, the tenth of December is observed as International Human Rights Day.
Top 30 human rights declared by the universal declaration of human rights.
- All human beings are born free and equal in dignity and rights.
- No one can be discriminated against on any grounds.
- Everyone has the right to live and Secure Life
- No one should be held in slavery or servitude.
- No one should be subjected to torture or to cruel punishment.
- The rides are equal for everyone everywhere.
- Everyone is equal before the law.
- The law guarantees the protection of rights.
- No one can be imprisoned or exiled from the country without a valid reason.
- Everyone has the right to legal treatment.
- Everyone is innocent until proven guilty.
- Everyone has the right to privacy.
- Everyone has a right to freedom of movement and residence within a country.
- Everyone has the right to go to other countries to seek asylum from persecution.
- Everyone has the right to a nationality.
- Everyone has the right to marriage and to found a family.
- Everyone has a right to own a property and no one shall be deprived of their property.
- Everyone has the right to follow or changed his/her religion or belief.
- Everyone has the right to freedom of opinion and expression.
- Everyone has a right to freedom of peaceful assembly and association.
- Everyone has a right to vote
- Everyone has the right to social security.
- Everyone, without any discrimination, has the right to equal pay for equal work.
- Everyone has the right to rest and leisure with reasonable limitations of working hours.
- Everyone has the right to a home, food, clothes, medical care, and the right to secure the event of unemployment, sickness, disability, and other circumstances beyond their control.
- Everyone has the right to education.
- Everyone has the right to copyright their creation in any form.
- Everyone has the right to fully realize their rights and freedom.
- Everyone is responsible for not infringing others’ rights.
- Everyone is responsible not to Breach human rights.
The National Human Rights Commission (NHRC) of Nepal was established in 2000 AD. It is established to insecure that each citizen of our country has been enjoying their rights. This Commission work in accordance with the law and clauses mentioned in the constitution to ensure human rights. The organizations like Amnesty International, Informal sector service Centre (INSEC), and INJURED International are established for the protection of human rights. They make the government and the citizens aware of their rights.